Thursday, January 08, 2009

A long day of catching up (wif Long-time-no-see friens)

Was planning to write this blog last night the moment I came back home, but I was so drained to do anything other than falling asleep.
Yesterday I spent most of my days outside, went for dental appointment and then popped by my cousins' place to say hi to my two cousins since the clinic is so near to their place. After that, I proceeded to meet Jinwei, my ex-colleague from MOF. It was in the late afternoon and I went so famished that we went to Shokobu restaurant which is at the basement of Raffles City for late lunch. Then we went scouting for clothings around the City Hall region. I fancy the shirts they sold at Topman, but we have to understand that the clothings sold around the region was so ex, bearing in mind that my finance was overstretched in recent history. However, I did not go home empty-handed. I bought a pair of cufflinks @ Robinsons for $35. Well, quite a reasonable price, thanks to the advice of Jinwei. Or else I will have spent $80+ on cufflink at another shop, which was not worthwhile. And so we walked from Raffles City to Suntec City and finally stopped at Marina Square. Apparently, one store @ Marina Square selling good polos that has caught my attention. Might go there and have a look again. Was tempted to make frivolous decisions of buying tops when it comes to 'scouting' ytd (a new term I have set when it comes to looking for clothings)
Then sat down at Starbucks and had a long discussion or convo wif him on career matters, well at least our endeavors of getting a job and exchange of knowledge of the current job market.
After that, I went to PS to meet up wif Tze Peng, a bud I have not met up wif for 2 yrs!!!!! Walked to and fro PS and the youchakuey store near Paradiz Shopping Centre....simply because we had so much things to catch up on after two yrs.
And ya also due to the need of applying the financial concepts we have learnt in uni (or else it will rot after NS), I have put in S$200 (don put in $2000) to invest in pounds. I can only devote that much because of the scarcity of financial resources just as mentioned...hmmm pls appreciate, GBP!

No comments: