Sunday, January 04, 2009

The clock turns back II: Early-dec 2008 (Adelaide)

Auditing was a subject I dreaded the most, with me racking my brain throughout the 12-week semester over how to deal with this particular course in uni. The lecturer also proved himself as the most nothing-to-do person I have ever come across in uni history. He just failed so many of my friends for plagiarism with regards to our first Auditing Assignment.
One of my friens (anonymous) even went to the extent of shredding tears, which did not make mi feel gd eitherat that time.
And so on the 2nd of December, the final verdict of my eligibility to graduate lies on the outcome of Auditing. I went to the school lab to check my results with Devern. And here comes the defining moment, when I knew I passed the course of Auditing, I lied down on the floor of the school lab and screamed. It was just so emotional for me, and I wasnt able to contain it! After 20 yrs of education (both in Singapore and Australia), all the hard work had paid off. It wasnt just about the last 3 yrs of education, but also about the last 20.
So, with that our graduation celebration events commences, Hula came back to Adelaide, carrying the thought that she had to retake the Auditing paper. However, the lecturer passed her and her purpose of returning had been replaced with holidays and sightseeing of Rundle Mall in Adelaide haha!

With Fuilin and Hula at David Jones, enjoying Boost)

That happened after I had helped Shuning with her luggage as she returned from Melbourne (and wat a pity, u din bring back Crispy Creme from Mel?! waHaha). Then rushed off to meet Fuilin and Hula(mentioned), she subequently passed her Auditing and off we went to celebrate by walking around Rundle Mall. In fact, she was one of three fortunate pple that day who initially had to sit for sups, but passed in the end without the need of retaking.

On another event, went to this prominent Vietnamese restaurant (selling marvellous cold rolls) wif Kwong, Edwin and Hellen for dinner. The business was so good that there were a pack of people waiting at the counter for vacant seats. If my memory did not serve me wrong, we took 20 to 30 mins of our life waiting....


Wif Kwong and Edwin...
Kwong and Edwin then calculated that I was the one who ate the most number of cold rolls and the one with the fastest pace of consuming the ingredients...Kwong even dubbed mi as 'the no. 1 person whom he will not desire to be with when a famine breaks out' haha!

A closer shot...


(to be cont.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog

Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!
Special Net