Wednesday, November 22, 2006

An announcement.....

Well, time to emit some of my thoughts here. I will start off wif a decision of mine regarding the exam results for one of my subjects. It will be announced in the following "speech" of mine and it will sound quite political maybe......

"On 1st November 2006, 11.30am , during the midst of the exam, the fire alarm went off and students were forced to evacuate the examination hall and the exam was cancelled at the spot. 2 days later, the examiners said they will mark the exam answers written at that spot and will be scaled it to the mark we will get should the exam run smoothly. If we are not satisfied wif the results we are given the chance to resit it again. A target was thus set as to whether to retake the exam or not. Yesterday, as the result of mine did not meet this target, I would like to express my sense of unsatisfactory and fervorly believe that this method of marking did not reflect a student's understanding. However, it is still unfortunate to accept that we have to accept the failure of achieving the result which we strongly desire. My friends, as a sign of protest to this way of marking and that the strong belief that we have the ability to excel in this subject. It is my intention to retake this exam. Dun feel embarassed over this outcome and decision, for some of my friends. I know all of u feel welcome abt this decision but some will feel embarassed as our adversaries got better results and thus there was no necessity for them to retake the exam. My friends, there is nothing to be ashamed about. You know, everyone deserves a second chance and it is always endowed to all of us. It is up to us to use it or dispose it into the rubbish chute. My friends, let mi give u an example. In the 1960 US presidential elections, Richard Nixon was defeated by John F Kennedy. However, in the 1968 elections, he made a comeback and won the nomination in his party once again to run for president. Then he won the presidency. My friends, from this example, we have seen that someone was given a second chance and he used it well. Another much similar example, was when I sat my microecons mid-term test for the first time and the paper went missing, then I was given another chance to prove my ability, I retook the exam and I got full marks for it. My friends, my call to you all is that dun feel disgraced by being given a second chance but it will be an authentic disgrace not using the chance endowed to you. My friends, I do believe in Hope and a better tomorrow and let us be optimistic about this exam and use this ample time endowed to us and demonstrate our outstanding and true capability in excelling in this subject. My friends, this is a major feat for us and we will overcome it and work for a better tomorrow. My friends, I will ask for ur support and unity once again and let us overcome this together as one. Thank you!"

Ok, this is just to address my inner soul regarding the idea to re-take the exam. I was ambivalent abt this idea....so ya anyway, felt better and cheers, tata!!!!

No comments: